Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Oatmeal Banana Bread

image from google images

I have meddled around in Banana Bread recipes for so long and have never found one that is truly my taste buds' romantic interest. But I think I've figured it out. I've put it together from the best of about 6 different recipes I've tried and vwalah, the love affair has begun. Try it out and tell me if your taste buds have any of the same feelings for it.

1 1/2 sticks salted butter
8 oz Neuftchal Cheese
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 whole egg + 1 egg white
3-4 ripened bananas
1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups white flour
1 1/2 cups wheat flour
1 cup quick oats

optional:
1 cup pecans/walnuts
and/or
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Cream together first set of ingredients then slowly add the dry ingredients altogether
If wanted, add nuts and/or chocolate chips last

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Bake in 2 loaf pans for 50-60 minutes

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We tried this out a couple days ago. Scrumptious! It is the best banana bread I have had. Even my picky little girl loved it.