Monday, November 17, 2008

Italian Cream Cheese Chicken

My family actually just calls this dish Easy and Delicious Chicken, but I took the liberty of giving it a more specified name for blog purposes.

2-4 chicken breasts, cut into bite size peices
italian dressing (I use fat free)
1 8oz. package cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth (I use water and it still tastes delicious)
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme

Put chicken in crock put, soak in Italian dressing. (I use 1/2 bottle dressing for 2 ckn breasts). Let cook on low for 3-4 hours. Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl. After chicken is cooked, drain out liquid from crock put and put the cream cheese/soup mixture in. Let cook for one more hour. Serve over rice or pasta.

(FYI - I use 2 chicken breasts and it feeds my husband and I for 2 meals. If you want to make more than for larger groups . . . add more (than 4) chicken breasts and just double the sauce).

1 comment:

Maria said...

I just made this on Sunday and we LOVED it! the kids devoured it!
(we served it over bow tie pasta)