Thursday, November 20, 2008

Homemade Sloppy Joes


I just made this SOOOO fast for Dane when he called to say he was coming home for lunch. It was so easy and quick and delicious. I actually used 1/2 lb. ground beef and halved the rest of the recipe (except the tomato paste) so I could use the other 1/2 lb. ground beef for something else for dinner. I left out some stuff - but it still tasted good!


1 1/2 lbs ground beef

1 onion chopped

1 red bell pepper, chopped

1 can (6 ounce) tomato paste

1/4 cup ketchup

3 garlic cloves (I used powder cause I didn't have cloves)

1/2 Tbs. chili powder

1 tsp. paprika (didn't have any of this so I left it out)

1 tsp. dried mustard (didn't have this either)

1 tsp. white vinegar

3 Tbs. brown sugar

1 tsp. dried oregano

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. ground black pepper


Brown the meat and add all the ingredients (add sugar last so it doesn't burn). Put on hamburger buns or bread or whatever your heart desires!!

No comments: