Thursday, October 9, 2008

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

So tonight, since I didn't have to work, I decided to cook dinner finally! And because it could be a while before my next meal, I thought I'd make my first contribution to this wonderful blog. This is my mom's recipe, and it's so quick and easy. My parents grew up in New Mexico, and my hubby served his mission there, so they all have a serious love for green chile. This was one of my favorite meals growing up as I have learned to appreciate a little spice too. Let's just say I wowed the hubby. (Poor guy- he's impressed with anything home cooked lately). Enjoy!
3 Chicken Breasts
Corn Tortillas
1 Small Onion, Diced
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can Cream of Mushroon Soup
1 Can Chicken Broth
1 Large Can Green Chile (or more)
A Load of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Boil chicken breasts. Tear or cut up tortillas. Saute onions in butter. Add soups, broth, green chile, and salt and pepper to taste, stir on medium heat til combined. Shred chicken and add to the mix. Spread enough tortilla pieces to cover bottom of 8x12 dish. Add chicken mix and some cheese. Repeat til it's all used up. Load the cheese on top and bake at 350 for about 35-45 minutes until it's hot and bubbly and cheese is a little crispy.

No comments: